Current docs (work-in-progress)¶
The following in-progress documents are written for early adopters and contributors, MUA developers and privacy enthusiasts.
- Introducing Autocrypt: E-Mail Encryption for Everyone
- introduction to why Autocrypt exists and why it is trying to achieve more e-mail encryption.
- Autocrypt features
- discusses how the Autocrypt efforts is different from past e2e encryption efforts.
- Example Data Flows and State Transitions
- Example data flows and MUA state transitions. This may be the easiest place to get started with the concrete ideas behind Autocrypt.
- Autocrypt Level 0: Enabling encryption, avoiding annoyances
- Minimum requirements and implementer guidance for Level 0 Autocrypt-capable MUAs.
- Mail Program Autocrypt Development Branches
- a first collection of current autocrypt developments (Jan 2017) with various mail programs and some development resources.
- Interoperability With Other Cryptographic E-mail Mechanisms
- Guidance for integrating Autocrypt with other e-mail encryption mechanisms and UI for existing MUAs.
- Future Enhancements to Autocrypt
- Future improvements for Autocrypt, beyond Level 0.
- Potential ecosystem dangers of Autocrypt
- Some documented risks and dangers to the mail ecosystem, related to Autocrypt.